POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux : Re: Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux Server Time
24 Jun 2024 07:48:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux
From: clipka
Date: 10 Nov 2011 12:07:21
Message: <4ebc04c9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 10.11.2011 02:16, schrieb jhu:
> clipka<ano### [at] anonymousorg>  wrote:
>> Am 09.11.2011 23:00, schrieb jhu:
>>> It would be helpful if the source was self contained like the 3.6 source with
>>> the needed libraries distributed also. Makes compiling a lot less of a hassle.
>>
>> Work is currently underway to achieve this for the Windows distrubution
>> for Visual Studio 2010, with promising success; porting that to the
>> projects for VS 2005 (and also VS 2008, which is pretty similar in this
>> regard) should also be quite straightforward - but will take some time
>> nonetheless, and we're still looking for a volunteer to do the same for
>> the Unix distribution.
>
> I guess I could volunteer. Integrate boost, zlib, jpeg, tiff, and png into the
> source then?

Plus openEXR. Yes, that would be the job. Boost would be limited to
boost_thread and boost_date_time; aside from those, we currently only
use boost header-only libraries.

zlib, jpeg, tiff and png libraries are already in the source tree (we
just don't currently distribute them in the Linux version); boost and
openEXR will be added to the code repository soon.