POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hollow Earth : Re: Hollow Earth Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hollow Earth
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 9 Nov 2011 17:34:03
Message: <4ebaffdb$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/9/2011 1:21 PM, Warp wrote:
>    I would like to see their attempt to explain this away with their
> pseudophysics. It would be amusing. I just can't find any such explanation.

The closest thing I've seen is the argument that a hollow earth is
possible because our theories of gravity are wrong.  You're correct that
it's amusing though, here's an example:

http://hollowplanet.blogspot.com/2010/08/gravity-modern-enigma.html

Clearly there's a multitude of obvious issues with what his argument
seems to be here.  That whole blog is probably worth taking a look at if
you're interested in people who believe this theory BTW.  A reasonable
fraction of the posts at least make an attempt to sound scientific, so
they're more fun to read IMHO.

Also, check out this quote from another site:

"
I agree with you that hollow planets theory of gravity does not agree
with this.

Any people on the interior of the earth, according to orthodox gravity
theory, would be WEIGHTLESS and floating around. If our theories about
the hollow earth, however, are true, that the interior earth inhabitants
have their feet firmly planted on the inner surface, this means, that
orthodox gravity theory must be revised. One or the other must be wrong.
If we prove planets are hollow, gravity theory will HAVE to be revised.
Perhaps this would lead to gravity control, and gravity
control will lead to free energy for all. Maybe here is another reason
the hollow earth is still World Top Secret!
"

Another related theory you might enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJfBSc6e7QQ
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expanding_Earth