POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPod : Re: iPod Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iPod
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Nov 2011 12:57:35
Message: <4ebabf0f@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 10:21:33 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 08/11/2011 11:00 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Indeed.  I've got a pair of full-sized Bose headphones that I quite
>> like,
>> especially for traveling.  If I look like a dork wearing them, so be it
>> -
>> I'll still be able to hear after flying on planes for a few years, even
>> if I'm next to the engine.
>
> It is not just reducing the noise level but cutting out the frequencies
> that irritate. You can feel the peace and quiet descending when you
> switch them on. And the sound quality is good too. What does annoy me
> about Bose is that my ear pads are wearing out as my glasses rubbing off
> the surface. Bose does not sell replacements. Grrr!

I'm on my second pair of these (the QC2 over-the-ear model).  The first
ones had a manufacturing defect that caused the plastic to break over one
of the ear cups.  They were old enough that I had to pay for replacments
(about 50% of the cost).

But yes, they're great.  I use them to drown out the cats (with suitable
music) while working/writing.

One thing I found with them on planes, though, is that if I just plug
them in, they reduce the ambient noise to the point where I can actually
hear the flight attendant.  Some frequencies they make it easier to hear
by reducing the lower-end noise in the cabin.

Jim