POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPod : Re: iPod Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iPod
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 8 Nov 2011 10:18:50
Message: <4eb9485a$1@news.povray.org>
>> You can change the bit rate, you know. And the source quality pales into
>> insignificance when you use in ear headphones.

People think I'm wierd because I use my MP3 player with real, full-size
headphones that produce something which can be described as "sound quality".

>    Also, I assume that many/most mp3 players support ogg, which gives an
> even higher audio quality for the same bitrate.

My player holds only Ogg Vorbis files. Back when I got it, finding
players which support Vorbis was quite hard... I don't know if that has
changed now.

(Actually, the original firmware on mine kept crashing *far* too often,
so I replaced it with RockBox. Apparently that lets you use any codec on
any supported system, so...)

Also: "Ogg" is a container format, much like AVI. I'm not sure how it
ended up that "Ogg" (a container format) came to mean "Vorbis" (a music
codec that goes in an Ogg file). FLAC is called FLAC, Theora is called
Theora, but Vorbis is called Ogg - even though all of these go in an Ogg
file...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/