POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some last minute raytracing ... : Re: Some last minute raytracing ... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:30:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some last minute raytracing ...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Nov 2011 03:48:07
Message: <4eb8ecc7@news.povray.org>
On 7-11-2011 21:45, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> OK ... so the acorn didn't turn out like I wanted, maybe with a bit of
> tweaking, but the shell turned out nice. It's a parametric I found on
> Mike's page: http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/ I also played around a
> little with the positioning of the HDR map ... a bit more pleasing
> results, don't you think?

Yes, nicely done indeed. Maybe you remember the SeaShell plugin for
Moray, built by Philippe Gibone (2003)? In the end I have not used it
much but it was a neat application.

The position of the hdr map is indeed better. To make better use of the
tile reflection you could also move some objects in order to show their
reflections too. Now the objects seem without reflection.

Thomas