POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Povray: the benefits : Re: Povray: the benefits Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray: the benefits
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Nov 2011 13:04:13
Message: <4eb6cc1d$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/6/2011 3:21, gregjohn wrote:
> If you model something in 3DS or Blender, what is
> the specific benefit of porting to povray?

I did answer that. The texturing is likely better than what you get by
hand-drawing a texture, for anything that has algorithmic textures (i.e.,
textures created by the environment, like rust or stone, rather than
textures created by human design, like clothing).

I not uncommonly use pov-ray to create a flat texture that I then import
into some other modeler to map onto a mesh. You could go the other way just
as easily.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)