POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first viable attempt with a Media Glow Replacement : Re: My first viable attempt with a Media Glow Replacement Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first viable attempt with a Media Glow Replacement
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 5 Nov 2011 20:32:39
Message: <4eb5d5a7@news.povray.org>
On 11/05/2011 05:38 PM, [GDS|Entropy] wrote:
> THis is annoying, every time I get close to replicating the glow, I hit
> FixedSimpleVector limit, either due to number of light sources, number of media,
> or even scaling objects and media...
>
> I'm half ready to give up and wait for megapov for 3.7, or just put a bounty out
> on adding glows to Pov3.7.
>
> Anyway, here are the latest test images, note some of these are pretty cool,
> even though they don't exactly replicate the glow object.
>
> ian

well ... you did see the relevant threads over in p.general and the
addition I made to the documentation correct?

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_4.3#Light_Sources

there IS a way around it if you're inclined towards recompiling you own
version ... if it's THAT important maybe it would be worth the effort ;-)