POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adrenaline : Re: Adrenaline Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:28:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adrenaline
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 5 Nov 2011 08:42:33
Message: <4eb52f39$1@news.povray.org>

>>> It's a hardware RAID controller, transparent to the OS.
>>
>> Replace the batteries on the RAID controller.
>
> You think failing batteries would cause one partition on the RAID volume
> to persistantly suffer NTFS corruptions, but the other (much busier)
> partition on the same logical volume works correctly?

It may not read and write the same number of bytes, but as far as the
number of IO requests go, the system partition is probably as busy as
the other user data volumes.  Event viewer logs, DLLs loading, swap file
usage, etc...

> Hmm, I wonder how much money Dell want for a new battery? ;-)

I don't know about Dell RAID controllers, but on the ones I've seen
(Compaq (back in the mesozoic era), HP and IBM) they were standard
batteries that you can find in most electronic stores (e.g. Radio Shack
in North America)