POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Halloween : Re: Halloween Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Halloween
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 3 Nov 2011 10:57:07
Message: <4eb2abc3$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/3/2011 12:00 AM, Warp wrote:
>    One thing I have noticed is that Americans seem to be good at inventing
> unhealthy food... For example I saw this video where they were trying
> different foods at a State Fair, and they had things like corn dogs
> covered in liquid chocolate. :P

It sort of depends on where you are.  Where I live the food is actually
pretty healthy.  For instance there's quite a bit of vegetarian food and
the most common meat is probably fish.  Southern cooking (by which I
mean the south-east US) is quite another story though.  Do a youtube
search for "Paula Deen" to see what I mean.  State fairs are also sort
of known as a place where you can expect to get the unhealthiest food
imaginable, particularly deep fried things and food-on-a-stick.  For
instance, I've heard of fried Coca-Cola, fried ice cream, fried
Twinkies, and probably the worst, fried butter on a stick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUJjW3I65e4

Really though, this sort of food in pretty rare and you'll only find it
at a few state fairs.