POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adrenaline : Re: Adrenaline Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adrenaline
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 3 Nov 2011 09:45:09
Message: <4eb29ae5$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/11/2011 12:27 PM, Kyle wrote:
> On 10/25/2011 7:51 AM, Invisible wrote:
>> Take the company's mission-critical server. Take a disk image of the OS
>> partition. Boot from a Linux live CD. Reformat the system partition.
>> Restore the system partition from the image file, and pay to God
>> almighty that it actually boots up again.
>
> Why would you do such a thing to begin with?

The server is persistently experiencing NTFS corruption errors, and I
just can't get rid of them. Which is strange, because if I restore the
image file to a virtual machine, it runs completely without issue...

You won't be surprised to learn that the elaborate procedure above
utterly failed to fix the problem. But hey, it was worth a shot.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/