POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hire car : Re: Hire car Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hire car
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Nov 2011 10:55:08
Message: <4eb159cc$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Um, no, at least here in the US, cars manufactured in the last 10 years
>>> or so have headlights that automatically come on when you start the
>>> engine.
>>
>> Fortunately, such stupidity hasn't yet reached this country...
>
> Why would it be stupid?

Let me put it another way: We could insist that all persons ear crash
helmets at all times. That way, if a building collapses on you, you're
already wearing a crash helmet. Or if you've outside and somebody drops
something, you're already protected. Or if a car hits you, the helmet is
going to lessen the injuries to your skull. (Shame about the rest of you.)

Fortunately, nobody thinks this is a good idea. Whilst it does decrease
your risk of injury, that risk is utterly tiny to start with. And a
crash helmet doesn't even remove that risk, only reduce it a bit.

Unfortunately, apparently somebody does think that having your lights
permanently hard-wired in the on-position is a good idea. You may argue
that there's no "harm" to doing this, so why not? Which is true, but you
still look as much of a fool as a guy wandering around town wearing a
crash helmet...