POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some last minute raytracing ... : Re: Some last minute raytracing ... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some last minute raytracing ...
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 1 Nov 2011 23:57:48
Message: <4eb0bfbc$1@news.povray.org>

> High!
>
> On 26.10.2011 15:44, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>> Well I'm almost packed up, but before the computer gets boxed up I
>> thought I'd do a little raytracing, because I don't know when I'll be
>> setup in my new location. It's a work in progress, but I like where it
>> appears to be headed. The open crock is something (lathe object) I've
>> used in other scenes, but I reworked the texture. BTW: the leaf is a
>> photo of I snapped the other day (fall colors almost all gone)
>
> The floor tiles look very neat - are they flattened superellipsoids or
> isosurfaces... or heightfields? And how did you achieve the blurred
> reflection? Did you use HDRI?

Thanks ... I used a macro by Sam Benge (OTO.inc) ... it calls
Round_Box_Union that's in shapes.inc. The tile texture has a very slight
granite normal (granite 1e-3 poly_wave 0.35) that helps create the
blurred reflection ... and yes I used a HDR image textured on the inside
of a sphere to provide the environment that you see reflected on the
floor ... it's an image of an abandoned paper-mill