POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Halloween : Re: Halloween Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Halloween
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 1 Nov 2011 22:45:24
Message: <4eb0aec4$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/1/2011 2:32 PM, Warp wrote:

>    Just joking, of course. Was expecting *some* comments, though. :)

I often find that posts on the internet which are interesting and well
thought out get very few replies -- particularly if they're outside of
everyone's area of expertise.  I suppose it's because none of the
potential respondents has anything relevant and of substance to add, and
comments like "wow, that's neat!" you'd typically hear in normal
conversation don't flow as well in a non-chat-oriented medium.  At least
that's the case with me and this post, and I assume with others as well.
  I agree it can be discouraging though since from the poster's end
there's no way to differentiate between "interested but don't have
anything to add" and "not interested".

In order to get replies, it seems best to post something incorrect in an
area where plenty of people have enough knowledge to point out your mistake.