POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Halloween : Re: Halloween Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:26:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Halloween
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 1 Nov 2011 02:47:53
Message: <4eaf9619$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/31/2011 1:46 PM, Warp wrote:
>    The tradition that mostly resembles Halloween in Finland happens in
> Easter, especially in some parts of Finland. AFAIK this is a combination
> of two distinct traditions, one of them of Christian and the other of
> pagan origin (but neither directly related to Easter):

Technically, there is no "Christian" version of it, unless you include
some lame, misplaced (chronologically it can't fit where it got put, if
you follow the Bible's supposed sequence of events), story about Jesus
and some church services attached. Nothing done on the date, other than
the churchy stuff, at least any place I have heard of, isn't 100% pagan.
Its one of the cases where they stole the thing, lock, stock, and
barrel, but their followers refused to give up all the stuff that went
with it.