POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hire car : Re: Hire car Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hire car
From: Invisible
Date: 31 Oct 2011 08:51:23
Message: <4eae99cb$1@news.povray.org>
On 31/10/2011 12:13 PM, Warp wrote:

>    In countries where there's no such law (such as was the case in Spain at
> least years ago) it seems that for some reason there's a natural aversion
> to having a car's headlights on during daylight. If you drive with the
> lights on, almost every single other car that you pass by in the other
> direction will flash their lights at you.
>
>    I don't really understand why. What exactly is the problem in keeping the
> lights on?

It's like writing an email using only capital letters. Technically,
there's no problem with doing that. But socially, it's frowned on.

Generally the only people who drive around in daylight with their
headlights on are people with expensive cars who turn their lights on to
let you know that they're important and you should get out of their way.
In other words, arrogant morons with lots of money. Obviously, nobody
wants to be mistaken for those guys...