POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hire car : Re: Hire car Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hire car
From: Warp
Date: 31 Oct 2011 08:13:29
Message: <4eae90e9@news.povray.org>
> >> just thanks the laws...
> >
> > I'm not aware of any law that you have to have your lights on.

> In the USA, they did studies and figured out it made a surprisingly large
> difference in head-on collisions, so they made it a law you have "daytime
> running lights."

> Crossing death valley, you want to pass the truck, and you see a car way
> down the road in the lane that handles oncoming traffic. Is that car coming
> towards you, or is that car someone going the same direction passing someone
> else?

  In countries where there's no such law (such as was the case in Spain at
least years ago) it seems that for some reason there's a natural aversion
to having a car's headlights on during daylight. If you drive with the
lights on, almost every single other car that you pass by in the other
direction will flash their lights at you.

  I don't really understand why. What exactly is the problem in keeping the
lights on? They don't burn out all that often even when they are always on,
and even when they do, it's not really a huge monetary investment. The safety
that it introduces is much more important.

--
                                                          - Warp