POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hire car : Re: Hire car Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hire car
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Oct 2011 12:32:20
Message: <4ea98794$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/27/2011 2:13, Invisible wrote:
> The heating system uses heat from the engine to warm the air. It doesn't
> work until the engine is hot.

The heater in my car won't even blow air until the engine is warmed up. It's
nice, because you can set the temp, and when the engine warms up, the heater
turns on, and you don't have to think about it.

>> just thanks the laws...
>
> I'm not aware of any law that you have to have your lights on.

In the USA, they did studies and figured out it made a surprisingly large
difference in head-on collisions, so they made it a law you have "daytime
running lights."

Crossing death valley, you want to pass the truck, and you see a car way
down the road in the lane that handles oncoming traffic. Is that car coming
towards you, or is that car someone going the same direction passing someone
else?

> I've seen cars that turn the lights on automatically when it gets dark. But
> I've never seen a car where you just cannot turn them off.

Look at any car less than about 10 or 15 years old shipped to the USA.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)