POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hire car : Re: Hire car Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hire car
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 27 Oct 2011 06:01:42
Message: <4ea92c06@news.povray.org>
Le 27/10/2011 11:13, Invisible a écrit :

>> On Opel Corsa (as Vauxhall is a sister-company in GM of Opel), you can
>> adjust the back with a knob (not a lever), on only one side of the seat.
>> And that knob (which has the size of a big hand) is usually hard as hell
>> to turn. (memory of Opel Corsa 1.7D... D for Gasoil/Diesel)
>
> Isn't that how *all* cars adjust the seat back?

Not all cars. My current one as a lever to allow moving the back.
Pull the level, adjust the back, release the lever, done!

>>> - It is not possible to turn the lights off. You can have sidelights,
>>> sidelights + headlights, or just headlights. But you cannot have no
>>> lights at all. Even if you're driving through Death Valley at high noon,
>>> you have to have your lights on, so you look like a complete tosser.
>>
>> just thanks the laws...
>
> I'm not aware of any law that you have to have your lights on.
>
> I've seen cars that turn the lights on automatically when it gets dark. But I've
never seen a car where you just cannot turn them off.

European Union Directive 2008/89/EC for all new cars after 7 February
2011 ( August 2012 for bus and truck).
UK had a regulations for new cars after 1 April 1987 to have dim-dip or
dedicated daytime running lamps, (with exception... ); Prosecuted in
1988, dim-dip is no more mandatory for UK, but many new cars from UK
have that functionality. It's no more mandatory, for the moment.. (in
1990+... and see now the European directive.)