POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quantum levitation : Re: Quantum levitation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quantum levitation
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 26 Oct 2011 17:18:30
Message: <4ea87926$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/25/2011 11:09 PM, Saul Luizaga wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> And that isn't just
>> opinion, its an entire field, called neuroscience.
>
> In which you're an expert? I doubt it.
Don't need to be. I know people that are. I have read things on the
subject, often, and none of it suggests, at all, that the sort of purely
anecdotal details behind 99% of the UFO phenomena is worth jack with
respect to it constituting "evidence" of anything at all.

> I also doubt you have watched the
> series and verified the facts, I haven't verified all of them but the
> some main characters. Lazard worked at a secret facility but that's it,
> serious UFOlogists reject him as they have tried to verify his claims
> with him, he just wants the attention; his car has a plate MJ-1, if your
> life is in danger from Gov threats you're going to be announcing you
> worked at Majestic? lol what a joke. He even breaks the law selling
> illegal radioactive isotopes from time to time when he should be hiding.
>
> You don't know everyone on Earth and what they do or not to affirm they
> ALL embellish, if a memory is strong enough you don't need to is always
> fresh for some reason even 40+ years I know this because I have met
> people that over time have said the same stories WITHOUT embellishment.
> Check the series and then make conclusions, you'll see now you're
> assuming too much.
I have watched several series of the sort, and yeah, some places, and
even people, are verifiable, sort of. The problem is, so are places and
even people in the Bible, and its almost as silly to suggest that the
otherwise completely unsupportable assertions about UFOs and alien
bodies make *any* more sense than unsupported claims about the fall of
the walls of Jericho, or the even more idiotic claims about Exodus
(hint, in the later case the ***only*** evidence of anyone Semitic in
the area is from hundreds of years too early, and it was a group that
pushed out the locals, and for a time ***ruled*** Egypt, before being
ousted again, not slaves), etc.

The facts of places and people do not directly support, without other
evidence, of which there isn't any, the contentions of "what" happened,
or "what" they actually saw. And, again, since all you have it witness
testimony, and the vast majority of that has been established decades
*after* the events, its completely unreliable, nor is it even possible
at this point, with *any* technique you might imagine trying, to verify
which bits are merely things they imagined, and which ones they actually
witnessed. Human memory isn't a hard drive, or a photograph. Its more
like a bloody warehouse full of "parts" of photographs, and bits of
recorded media, with bits of string running between the filing cabinets,
to indicate, more or less, which one's relate to each other. If a string
slips, or gets connected wrong, or even you look in the wrong drawer,
the result is a complete bloody disaster.

The brain was never meant to be precise. It does you *no* good to be
afraid of one specific cat, if its more efficient to only remember size,
color, general shape, and big teeth, and put all that together into
some, "Big scary things to avoid", file. That you run across the same
cat and "recognize" it as the same thing is almost incidental. You could
just as easily run across a bear, and become convinced, by the same
memory, that it was a bear the first time too. Precisions isn't
something it does. With something like, "Yep, I definitely saw some
strange material I had never seen before.", there is *nothing* there to
build a conclusion from that excluded "space aliens", from "weather
balloons", for someone that sees it, as long as there is, then, or at
some point later, sufficient cause to conclude that "space aliens" is a
plausible source. And, its all down hill from there, as they say.

Same goes, even more so, for all the nuts since, that spend their time
"looking for" phenomena, every damn one of which either thinks UFOs
might exist, or do, or are intentionally looking for them, etc. Where is
there, "Its big and has teeth", memory going to take them, to swamp gas,
or military flairs, or alien space ships? Their going to look at the
damn bear, and assume that its been one, all along.