POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quantum levitation : Re: Quantum levitation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quantum levitation
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 26 Oct 2011 16:54:20
Message: <4ea8737c@news.povray.org>
On 10/25/2011 10:43 PM, Saul Luizaga wrote:
> No is not like that at all, you think you know everything about it and
> you don't, also who said I was trying to be "useful" with this info?
> Being cynical and speaking out of ignorance won't help you either.
>
> The point being: there are indications of some things out there that are
> suspicious, and can't be explained but the logical conclusions are this
> and that... etc.
>
> People are so cynical because they like to be in their comfort zone, so
> be it.
Suspicious doesn't mean wandering off the deep end into things for which
there *isn't* any logical conclusion though. And, the fact is, nothing
implies that alien space craft is a logical conclusion, for any of it.
Heck, one of the guys that writes some of those UFO books (and even
coauthored some, apparently), and thinks Lazard is real, comes into the
place where I work all the time. The guy is frakking crazier than the
Rorschach character in the movie Watchmen. There is literally nothing
the guy talks about that isn't part of some "conspiracy", and he thinks
*everyone else* is nuts for not seeing it. So... seriously, I have some
experience with the sort of people that actually write about UFOs, and
think that quantum levitation, space ships, crash sites, etc. are all
"real". They are classic cranks - if one implausible things is true, so
must 500 other equally implausible things, including the contradictory ones.