From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Oct 2011 18:44:17
Message: <4ea73bc1$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:58:41 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> Or an advantage if you are that way inclined. I lived in a new town
>>> for four years. To me it was soulless and boring beyond belief, I was
>>> even glad to move to Aberdeen. It is just a point of view.
>> Well, that's why I said "problem" instead of *problem*. ;)
>
> Tell an old man what the difference is between
>
> "problem" instead of *problem* ?

"problem" is with 'air quotes'.  *problem* is emphasized.  I guess what
I'm trying to convey is that the two statements:

Indeed, that's a "problem" with living in a country that has a long
history.

Indeed, that's a problem with living in a country that has a long history.

The first uses "problem" in a non-literal sense, almost an ironic sense.
As if to say "some might think it's a problem, but I don't consider it
so".

Clearer? ;)

>> I tend to agree, I like having older buildings around.  However, having
>> lived in a somewhat older house (by US standards), I think the decision
>> to go for something more modern in the next place (a flat, no less) is
>> right for us. :)
>>

> I like living in flats, I've never lived in a house with a garden.

It's a lot of work. :)

Jim