From: Stephen
Date: 24 Oct 2011 04:55:03
Message: <4ea527e7$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/10/2011 8:58 AM, Invisible wrote:

>> What if they said "We'll give you $150,000 more each year to move to
>> London"?
>
> That's almost a hundred grand in UK currency. Nobody earns that much.

Yes people do. I know several.

> AFAIK, London is their only UK presence. (Although obviously they
> themselves would have a better idea than I do.)
>
> And it's not that I don't ever want to come to London, just that I
> don't want to do so with any great frequency. Once per month wouldn't
> be so bad. Once per day would be.

Commuting from MK to Victoria would take at least 75 minutes each way by
train and tube and cost about GBP 50 per day. As for driving there, no
one in their right mind would drive into central London to work in an
office. AFAIR parking is GBP 4 per hour.

--
Regards
     Stephen