POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problem with interrupted and resumed radiosity scene : Re: Problem with interrupted and resumed radiosity scene Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:30:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with interrupted and resumed radiosity scene
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Oct 2011 03:43:37
Message: <4ea51729$1@news.povray.org>

> High!
>
> I wonder why the shadowed parts of the image are so strangely striated -
> although I use "save_file" and "load_file" within the radiosity statement!

I do not know the answer, but try these settings, which I use for (all)
my outdoor scenes without problem:

   radiosity {
     pretrace_start 0.08
     pretrace_end   0.004
     count 100
     nearest_count 10, 5 //in 3.7: optional 2nd parameter sets adaptive
radiosity pretrace
     error_bound 1
     recursion_limit 1
     low_error_factor .3
     gray_threshold 0.0
     minimum_reuse 0.015
     maximum_reuse 0.1 //new parameter in 3.7 [0.2]
     brightness 1

     adc_bailout 0.01/2
     normal off
     media off
     always_sample off // turn sampling in final trace off [on]
     //max_sample 1.0  // maximum brightness of samples
   }

Note:
1) I follow Clipka's voodoo
2) for outdoor scenes recursion_limit can be kept low (1 or 2)
3) set always_sample to off when reading radiosity data

Thomas