From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Oct 2011 23:49:20
Message: <4ea4e040$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 22:57:29 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 23/10/2011 8:36 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> That's certainly true.  I know some who work on helpdesks who suggest
>> it to buy time to research the issue.  Not always a good idea, though,
>> because if the problem doesn't come back, then you have to wait for the
> By then it might be someone else's problem. :-P

I've never taken the position that I *might* have moved onto something
else, so I don't have to worry about it. :)

> Seriously though, there are sp many things that can add up to a SNAFU
> that a power off reset is the simplest solution. Like. who test software
> 100%, if it at all possible.
>
> Yes I've fault found your problem and it is a memory leak so you can
> report it and wait for a fix or reboot when it happens. Your call! ;-)

Sure, but at least I can get to the point to report it.  If it's a
serious enough problem, I'll push it higher until it gets addressed.
Done that with Novell, Microsoft, SUSE, and a few other tech companies
whose products I've worked with or bought.

Jim