POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quantum levitation : Re: Quantum levitation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quantum levitation
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Oct 2011 18:05:55
Message: <4ea48fc3$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/23/2011 14:30, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> or even completely, flat out, contradicts them.

Like the people who quote the judge in the court case that said "the 16th
amendment granted no new ability for the federal government to impose
taxes." And then they dance all around saying "See? You don't need to pay
taxes!"

The judge finished the sentence with "because the federal government already
had and has always had the ability to impose income taxes. This amendment
just (paraphrasing) adjusted how the accounting works."

People do the same thing with patents. "Look, a patent on peanut butter
sandwiches! How stupid!"

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)