From: Darren New
Date: 23 Oct 2011 12:01:56
Message: <4ea43a74$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/23/2011 1:57, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> For something trivial like ln or cp,

No. You still have to understand how the file system works and how the
command line works in order to use them. That's just something you've
already learned tho.  Come from a DOS or mainframe background and ask "what
are all these slashes? What's a mount point? Why doesn't it tell me the type
of the file? How do I set a password or encryption key on this file?"

However, that's all in the man pages too.

http://linux.die.net/man/1/intro

http://linux.die.net/man/2/intro

Altho I will say, compared to actual AT&T UNIX, the linux intro man pages
suck hard.  Not really surprising, given you're *supposed* to have read the
source code for the kernel. ;-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)