From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 23 Oct 2011 06:44:58
Message: <4ea3f02a$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/10/2011 10:48 AM, Warp wrote:

>    I didn't say unix users have learned *all* tools via their manpages.
> I just said it's the case with many (or even most) tools.

YOU didn't, no. But Jim seemed to be strongly hinting at it.

>    (As for that particular problem, it's "for F in *; do echo $F; done",
> or if you are using zsh, you can also write "for F (*) echo $F".)

Just a few lines of example code could have helped me figure this out in
a few minutes instead of several hours. (And this must surely be a VFAQ
for shell scripting; it's just about the simplest task you could
possibly want to script!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/