POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quantum levitation : Re: Quantum levitation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:34:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quantum levitation
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Oct 2011 12:43:39
Message: <4ea04fbb$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/19/2011 23:17, Saul Luizaga wrote:
> I thought some how the 2 forces could somehow me mixed or interact,

Technically, gravity is a completely different thing from quantum forces.
Indeed, the separation of gravity from the other three forces is the current
biggest confusion and mystery to be solved, and the source of funding for
the LHC.

> to achieve lift at quantum level or something like that.

"Lift" is not "anti-gravity", any more than Boeing is ant-gravity.

> don't read scientists trying to make practical use of anti-gravity.

Because they don't know how to create anti-gravity, and indeed it's not at
all obvious that such a thing would even be theoretically possible. Gravity
is caused by, basically, the existence of real non-euclidean geometry. It's
not quite obvious how you "anti" that.

> told that they have found a way to tele+transport a monochrome laser light 1
> meter using Quantum Physics, where are those experiments, we could use that.

That's not hard. I have a flashlight that will transport all kinds of colors
all the way across the room.  Without actually an understanding of what's
under discussion, reading that sort of stuff just rots your brains.

It's like asking "if my friend can have an email conversation with me over
the computer, why can't my computer have an email conversation with me?"

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?