POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Many Americans seem to live in a bubble : Re: Many Americans seem to live in a bubble Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Many Americans seem to live in a bubble
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 20 Oct 2011 10:07:41
Message: <4ea02b2d@news.povray.org>
On 10/17/2011 9:14 AM, Invisible wrote:

> But yeah, these days, aside from a few people who are like "all them
> niggers should **** off back to their own country", most people in
> Britain don't walk around thinking they're better than the rest of the
> world, or even just the rest of Europe.

Oooh, that's a big no-no here in the USA, I didn't think that word was
used outside of our country... But I guess it is.

> You realise that a lot of people think your entire country is filled
> with morons and crazy people, right?

Yeah, I'm completely aware of it, and understand the perception.

> I mean, damn, I have no idea what people who aren't British think about
> Britain - probably that we all eat fish & chips and drink beer all day
> or something - but AFAIK, they don't think we're crazy. At least, I hope
> not. o_O

Nope... I don't see Britain as crazy. Nor do I see them as eating fish
and chips. But ... the beer.... well, your pints are bigger than our
pints-- and you have real beer as opposed to this watery stuff that
sells in droves over here.
--
~Mike