From: Invisible
Date: 20 Oct 2011 05:18:08
Message: <4e9fe750@news.povray.org>
>>> Or if you've got the yast http module installed, you can try yast2
>>> http- server longhelp for command-line help.
>>
>> Which presumable again just tells you about command switches, not how to
>> configure Apache using YaST.
>
> Try it.

Not easily feasible. I don't have access to a SUSE box right this minute.

> It's more than that, again, pay attention to those who actually
> have used it instead of making assumptions and then declaring those
> assumptions to be true, regardless of how true you believe them to be.

Well, you know, that's what manpages do. They give you a terse reference
to the bare essentials of what a tool does. That doesn't seem like much
of an "assumption" to me.

> BTW, you do know the world is not in fact flat, right?  Just checking. ;)

The Earth *is* flat. Oh, it isn't flat in *Euclidian* geometry, true
enough. But in elliptic geometry? It's flat. Or flattish, anyway...

> I accept that your experience has not been so good.  I'm telling you it
> isn't always that way and that you could certainly try over in the
> openSUSE forums when you have questions about openSUSE.

OK, well like I say, I'm about to try to set up a new OpenSUSE
installation. If it doesn't work out, I'll give it a try.

> Just like searching for a job - if you stop searching, nobody's ever
> going to offer you something better.

Clearly I'm searching in the wrong places. You know, given that I never
find anything worth even applying for... I still need to look at that,
actually.