POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Many Americans seem to live in a bubble : Re: Many Americans seem to live in a bubble Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:27:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Many Americans seem to live in a bubble
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Oct 2011 15:03:14
Message: <4e9f1ef2$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 09:15:43 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> You make America sound like how Europe was four centuries ago.

Well, it's a diverse country....so it's hard to make a broad sweeping
generalisation like that.

Some places it's fine to be an atheist, others not so much.  I'm in Utah
and am an atheist, but I don't advertise it so much (though most of my
friends here wouldn't particularly care, whether they're LDS or not).

But I think I'd avoid making it known while in places like rural areas in
the southeast.

Jim