POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quantum levitation : Re: Quantum levitation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quantum levitation
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 19 Oct 2011 01:39:42
Message: <4e9e629e$1@news.povray.org>
In the History Channel 'UFO Files' at the end of one of the episodes a
young man levitates a triangle induced with 50,000 volts, he said at the
moment science can't explain it yet. On that series, a few people
researched how to levitate wood chair and other non-magnetic stuff in in
the passed century (1960 or later I think, I don't recall well), they
were supposedly hired by USA military, in the episodes they show
original footage made by the levitators.

I wonder why we don't have levitating commercial "planes", I think they
could be safer since you don't need to fly at high altitudes since it's
soundless, I guess carbohydrate fuel wins again, no electric cars neither.