POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of reboots : Re: Speaking of reboots Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of reboots
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Oct 2011 19:38:11
Message: <4e9e0de3@news.povray.org>
On 10/18/2011 16:02, Francois Labreque wrote:
> Le 2011-10-18 17:47, Darren New a écrit :
>> Actually, I've found quite the opposite. Wait until you need reading
>> glasses to say a 46" screen six feet away is harder than a 21" screen
>> two feet away. ;-)
>>

> HD TV rule of thumb: Diagonal screen size X 3 = best viewing distance
.

Actually, some folks say 2x-3x or so, since the diagonal is longer compar
ed
to the size and the pixels are smaller. But of course it's the TV
manufacturers and salesmen telling you that.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000021501

It's actually closer to 8 feet for me, even counting the couch and such.
But
that wasn't really the point I was making. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?