From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 18 Oct 2011 16:07:35
Message: <4e9ddc87$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/18/2011 1:15 AM, Invisible wrote:
>> Time you changed your town.
>
> Of all the reasons to move to another town "because the tills run
> Windows XP" has to be one of the lamest reasons ever! :-P

Actually, its semi-probable that "office machines" will remain supported
for longer, and run far older versions. The reason being that the code
on them is mission critical, not 100% certain to work on a newer
version, and thus businesses are likely to cling to them by their
fingernails *much* longer than the home users do. They need to know the
things are stable, and even more so when the last "stable" one wasn't
all that stable to start with.