POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Many Americans seem to live in a bubble : Re: Many Americans seem to live in a bubble Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Many Americans seem to live in a bubble
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Oct 2011 11:54:13
Message: <4e9da125@news.povray.org>
On 10/18/2011 0:57, Invisible wrote:
>>> Is it true that if people find out you don't believe in God, you will
>>> *actually* be brutally murdered in your sleep? Or is that an
>>> exaggeration?
>
>> Depends, which state did you hear it happening in?
>>
>> Mind, that is an exaggeration of the truth, but its not that damn
>> dissimilar to the reality in some places.
>
> OK, *so* glad I decided not to take that trip to America now... o_O

Actually, no, nobody actually gets murdered in their sleep for being
atheists. You get nasty looks from neighbors, and teachers give your kids
bad grades, and your house might even get TPed, but even that is very rare
and limited to small towns where everyone is inbred anyway.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?