From: Stephen
Date: 18 Oct 2011 06:36:55
Message: <4e9d56c7$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/10/2011 9:15 AM, Invisible wrote:
>>> And yet, every PC I've had a chance to observe is still running XP.
>
>> Past time to get a new job.
>
> True, but not for this particular reason. ;-)

True but it is symptomatic.

>>> Now obviously I haven't been able to observe every PC in the country.
>>> I'm sure a small minority of them are running something newer.
>
>> Most new PCs come with Win 7 now. It is after all the year of the worn
>> tuppence.
>
> My new laptop [which isn't so new now] came with Vista. I don't use it
> all that often [I don't leave the house much], but it's there.
>
> Question is, how often does the average person buy a new PC? Not very
> often.
I bought my current Laptop a year ago and my previous one two years
before that. That one came with Vista and a Win 7 upgrade disc.
I change my laptops, about every two years for one reason or another.
But then I don't have a desktop and use them a lot. I also travel a lot
so I want a Pov-worthy one.
On my last contract the consultancy firm (CSC) were rolling Win 7 out to
all their laptops from either Windows Server 2008 or Vista. The client
were going from Vista to Win 7.

>> Time you changed your town.
>
> Of all the reasons to move to another town "because the tills run
> Windows XP" has to be one of the lamest reasons ever! :-P
Okay! I did not see *tills *I'll give you that. But even so... ;-)

--
Regards
     Stephen