From: Invisible
Date: 18 Oct 2011 04:15:29
Message: <4e9d35a1$1@news.povray.org>
>> And yet, every PC I've had a chance to observe is still running XP.

> Past time to get a new job.

True, but not for this particular reason. ;-)

>> Now obviously I haven't been able to observe every PC in the country.
>> I'm sure a small minority of them are running something newer.

> Most new PCs come with Win 7 now. It is after all the year of the worn
> tuppence.

My new laptop [which isn't so new now] came with Vista. I don't use it
all that often [I don't leave the house much], but it's there.

Question is, how often does the average person buy a new PC? Not very often.

>> I do know that whenever I see a PC running a shop till or whatever,
>> it's running XP. (Or MS-DOS, weirdly enough...)

> Time you changed your town.

Of all the reasons to move to another town "because the tills run
Windows XP" has to be one of the lamest reasons ever! :-P