From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 17 Oct 2011 14:46:18
Message: <4e9c77fa$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/17/2011 2:06 AM, Invisible wrote:

>>> I don't know how big the latest version of Windows is. I've never
>>> installed it. More to the point, I don't know of anybody who's using it
>>> yet.
>>
>> Windows 7. You might have heard of it.
>
> I've heard of it, yes. What I *said* is that I don't know how big it is.
> And that I haven't seen anybody using it.

Pretty much anyone that wants "usable" memory over 4GB, to get rid of
BSDs, without reinstalling (I need that soon), and actually likes the
idea of playing *any* modern game with DirectX10 or higher, including
games as old as Halo 2, on their desktop. In short, anyone that isn't
scared of upgrading. XP is as close to dead as you can get, without MS
having shoved the corpse over the edge of the castle wall, at this
point, and it wasn't in terribly good shape from birth. Win7... Is still
from the same diseased line, but, it seems to be at least somewhat of an
improvement over the parents.