From: Darren New
Date: 16 Oct 2011 23:31:11
Message: <4e9ba17f$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/16/2011 20:18, Jim Henderson wrote:
> I cited a counterexample, and you changed the criteria.

Yes. I clarified.  Why, are we keeping score?

> They do indeed.  I'm sure they could work out a licensing arrangement for
> "approved by Microsoft" software if they wanted to, and take a cut for
> distribution.
>
> Apple does, after all.

Well, as I said, so does Microsoft.

Say, here's an idea. Why don't you go work for Microsoft and explain to them
why they're losing so much money? :-)  I mean, seriously, why are you
arguing to *me* that Microsoft should be offering this service for a fee?

> So, that can happen on both Linux and Windows.  I'm not sure what your
> point is.

My point is that in spite of how I'm interpreting your claims, Windows does
indeed have "software management elements" in their OS and supporting software.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?