From: Darren New
Date: 16 Oct 2011 18:53:46
Message: <4e9b607a$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/16/2011 15:34, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Depends entirely on what you're used to.
>>
>> Not /entirely/, no. Many things are subjective, but not all of them.
>
> When it comes to user selection of tools, yes, they are.  If I find
> something easy to use, who are you to tell me "no, that's not easy"?

I think it's safe to say that there are things that are easier for the vast
majority of people. If 99% of everyone finds A easier than B, and indeed if
B provides a subset of the functionality of A with more work, then B is
indeed superior to A.

For example, a UI that locks up the interface for 30 seconds each time you
insert a CD is inferior to an interface that is identical except doesn't
lock up when you insert a CD.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?