POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Many Americans seem to live in a bubble : Re: Many Americans seem to live in a bubble Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Many Americans seem to live in a bubble
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 15 Oct 2011 21:49:02
Message: <4e9a380e$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/15/2011 9:54 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 15/10/2011 5:40 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> Because you're thinking it's part of a rational, logical argument,
>> rather than the financial equivalent of screaming "you're not
>> patriotic!!1!"
>>

> That reminds me. I was travelling home from the States at the beginning
> of July. One of our security guards said, “At least you will get to
> spend the holiday at home.” I had to remind him that we don’t actually
> celebrate America’s Independence Day in Britain,
>

>> Again, people who fall for this are the same people who aren't too
>> bright. They also think there's a car engine that runs on water that the
>> oil companies are buying the patents to and hiding, not even realizing
>> that if it's patented it's already public knowledge.
>
> There is/was a car engine that runs on water. The principle was that
> water was sprayed into the cylinder just after the spark to increase the
> efficiency of the combustion force. Why it was not developed I can’t
> say. (Where is Scott when you need him?)

No no no. They bought off the guy that made it, then bribed the patent
office, with the help of aliens, and the FDA, under the control of the
Pentagon, to alter to patent, or substitute a different one, so no one
could *ever* create one. Honest, my shoe told me so. Not my left one
though, that one always lies!

lol