POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Many Americans seem to live in a bubble : Re: Many Americans seem to live in a bubble Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Many Americans seem to live in a bubble
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 15 Oct 2011 21:46:05
Message: <4e9a375d$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/15/2011 9:40 AM, Darren New wrote:
> We also have people complaining that Obama has the wrong kind of birth
> certificate and stupid shit like that. They're also very loud and
> irrational.

Strictly speaking, this isn't "quite" what the idiot complaint is. The
argument was, initially, that he couldn't possibly be born in the US,
and thus be president. What followed was the proclamation that Hawaii
officials *must* have been bribed to create a fake "short form"
certificate, because they refused to release the original (which is
plausible, as least in terms of the short form being not a direct
photocopy of the original, but completely stupid, in that you kind of
have to "prove" that someone was bribed, or something like that...).
Only later did some of the more serious nutcases argue that even the
original long form had to be fake, because well, it was all a
conspiracy, somehow, by his parents, to make him president, somehow,
right from like, the day he was born, in someplace not the US, or like..
something.

Sadly, one of the idiots in Arizona, if you believe the tabloids (and
sometimes they do, in cases like this, tell something resembling truth),
is still wasting time, and government money, on "proving it a fake!"