POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OpenCL : Re: OpenCL Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OpenCL
From: Ive
Date: 15 Oct 2011 00:48:54
Message: <4e9910b6$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.10.2011 00:31, schrieb Saul Luizaga:
> Actually they do but only partially, yes the 5000 series and above are
> fully compliant, too bad my 4670s are double precision only, they don't
> handle single precision floats and have some power to offer & guess I
> got screwed over by AMD, oh well.

The 4670 offers a subset of OpenCL 1.1 only on Snow Leopard where the
missing functionality is emulated by Apple's OpenCL software layer.
And it does *NOT* support double precision floats (only 32 bit single
precision) as this is not even part of the OpenCL 1.1 specification,
just a vendor specific additional feature and as such isn't even part of
Apple's OpenCL implementation. At least when I last time checked but
this might change in the future.

But I was assuming you are using Windows anyway where the 4xxx series
together with the Catalyst drivers offers *NO* support for OpenCL at
all. And the same is valid for Linux.

-Ive