From: Alain
Date: 13 Oct 2011 18:15:03
Message: <4e9762e7@news.povray.org>
Le 2011/10/13 12:12, andrel a écrit :

> IIRC also the Amiga did not suffer from virtual lock up (nor do I
> remember it so badly from earlier version of MS-DOS).

IIRC, MS-DOS did not use paging nor virtual memory.
The main reason probably been that it was made to run on a computer
without any hard drive but just a single floppy or possibly two, at
least, initialy.

Some applications did implement some paging using internal or external
modules that where used only by a single application at a time.

Alain