POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Laptop keyboards : Re: Laptop keyboards Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Laptop keyboards
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Oct 2011 10:31:10
Message: <4e96f62e$1@news.povray.org>
>> I'm not sure my office is big enough for that...
>
> It must be small then. Surely you have a workbench where you can lay out
> equipment.

It's big enough to fit a desk and a chair. I suppose technically you
could fit a second desk in if you don't mind not being able to open the
door. And, in fairness, if I cleared some of the junk off my desk, there
would probably be room to put this. Currently, there isn't enough space
to fit the laptop.

>> Ultimately though, even if I could see what I was doing, I would
>> probably still have broken the hair-thin spins on this damned
>> connector...
>
> I've never been able to replace those. There must be a knack to it.

There is: Use a machine.

Seriously. The factory where they assemble these things surely does this
by machine. They can't possibly be using a human to do it.

The "normal" flexible edge connectors are hard enough, but these ones
have a tiny flap or clip that goes over the top. Except I managed to
snap that off too...