POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photoshop features : Re: Photoshop features Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop features
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Oct 2011 07:15:19
Message: <4e9576c7$1@news.povray.org>
Using this software, could I remove all the obnoxious blurring from the
YouTube video? :-P

On 12/10/2011 01:08 AM, Darren New wrote:
> I'd pay for that.

I take it you've never seen blind deconvolution in action before then? ;-)

I notice that the images have a very slightly level of blur to start
with, and none of them appear to be JPEG-compressed. Deconvolution is
not some magic trick; you cannot recover what has been lost from the
signal. You can only reconstruct from what remains. Which means that if
the image is badly blurred, you get much poorer results. And if the
image is JPEG compressed (as all standard camera photographs are), your
results might be very poor indeed.

That said...

http://deconvolve.net/