From: Darren New
Date: 11 Oct 2011 16:13:39
Message: <4e94a373@news.povray.org>
On 10/11/2011 13:02, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> So Microsoft has secretly implemented an undocumented system to allow any
> unauthenticated Internet node to bypass all security restrictions and access
> any port on a Windows PC?

You mean the "secret" IPv6 standard documentation on how to do this tunneling?

> (Although I still don't quite get how it can bypass a firewall that doesn't
> allow inbound traffic. Still, Wikipedia says it does, so it must be true.)

The same way IPv4 ssh does. It tunnels out first.  It's not like anyone can
connect to your machine that you don't know about, any more than returning
IP packets from a TCP connection "bypass" your firewall.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?