From: Darren New
Date: 11 Oct 2011 15:45:36
Message: <4e949ce0@news.povray.org>
On 10/11/2011 12:23, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> OK... so if you implement IPv6, you can tunnel it over UDP. Not quite sure
> how that relates to the fact that inbound UDP is blocked at the firewall...

Well, you *can* block it. It just, be default, isn't normally blocked.

Really, go on, give it a try. Not at your work's firewall, but from behind a
normal user firewall of the type that would be used by someone who doesn't
know what "mouse click" means.

>> Your incredulity fortunately does not eliminate the encryption.
>
> That's very reassuring.

Well, I'd point you to the open source client implementation, but you'd
probably not believe that either.

> OK, wait a sec... I just remembered the target audience... As you were.

Exactly.

> Are you suggesting that this nuclear warhead is actually turned on by default?

You mean, the ability for programs on two cooperating machines to bypass
both their firewalls and NATs? Yes.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?