From: Darren New
Date: 11 Oct 2011 14:35:41
Message: <4e948c7d$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/11/2011 0:58, Invisible wrote:
> On 10/10/2011 05:56 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> On 10/10/2011 2:52, Invisible wrote:
>>> My favourite one is how inserting a CD is enough to completely lock up
>>> the
>>> entire Windows GUI. Or how if your DHCP server doesn't answer, Windows
>>> locks
>>> up until that times out. Or...
>>
>> Neither of these statements is true. Not sure what you're smoking there.
>> :-)
>
> Sure. I mean, I've been seeing this behaviour on a daily basis for over ten
> years now. Obviously I'm mistaken.

Just because your system is broken doesn't mean everyones' is.  Windows
never "locked up" for me while looking for DHCP (it just gives a local
address until the DHCP answers, and indeed the icon in the corner tells you
how far along it has gotten). And the whole GUI doesn't lock up; at most,
explorer waits for the CD to spin up.  Again, it's that overgeneralization. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   How come I never get only one kudo?