POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Laptop keyboards : Laptop keyboards Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Laptop keyboards
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Oct 2011 11:16:58
Message: <4e945dea@news.povray.org>
If you have a laptop that has the wrong keyboard layout, don't try to
change the keyboard. Just learn to live with it, or plug in an external
USB keyboard.

I failed to heed this warning. I just spent about 2 hours trying to
replace the keyboard on a Dell laptop. In the process, I caused
irreparable damage to the old keyboard, irreparable damage to the new
keyboard, and also slightly damaged the laptop itself. The laptop has
gone from having a working keyboard with the wrong layout, to having a
non-functional keyboard. I'm now dripping wet and utterly frustrated.
And if I ever see another flexible edge connector, I may just lose my
sanity.

LFMF!